Wednesday, February 25, 2009
"CFO is moving (servers that is)
we are moving off of custom cms and onto blogger (because we are lazy)
and we want to allow the community to collaborate more!!!
soon this change will be permanent, and will be mirroring the blog to cfobmx.ca
if you have a flickr account, join our flickr group and your photos will make it to the page!!!
thanks for all the posts CFO"
Also, here is the latest list for riders that will be at Flatland Unlimited 5...Notice Justin Miller has been added to the list! Along with a few more experts!
-Matthias Dandois (Ranked #1 in the World) [France]
-Matt Wilhelm (Ranked #4 in the World) [Illinois, USA]
-Dominik Nekolny (Ranked #6 in the World) [Czech Republic]
-Shintaro Misawa (Ranked #10 in the World) [Japan]
-Justin Miller (Ranked #12 in the World) [Michigan, USA]
-Gabe Kadmiri [Atlanta, USA]
-Cory Fester [Alberta, Canada]
-Jon Dowker [Georgia, USA]
-Percy Marshall [Alberta, Canada]
-Andy Cooper [Indiana, USA]
-Rob Shaw [Alberta, Canada]
-Chris Pergentile [Alberta, Canada]
-Adam Pergentile [Ontario, Canada]
-Alex Poirier [Ontario, Canada]
-Prasheel Gopal [Ontario, Canada]
-Andrew Wylie [Ontario, Canada]
-Bryan Huffman [North Carolina, USA]
-Lachlan Cameron [Ontario, Canada]
-Spencer Mitchell [Ontario, Canada]
-Christian Boodram [Ontario, Canada]
-Brandon Fenton [Ontario, Canada]
-Adrian Furniss [Ontario, Canada]
-Avram Moorey [Michigan, USA]
-Joey Kyllo [British Columbia, Canada]
-Dmitry Koupriyanov [Ontario, Canada]
-Eugene Andruszczenko [Ontario, Canada]
-Steve Lapsley [New York, USA]
-Mazar Kadri [Ontario, Canada]
-Adam Jakomait [Ontario, Canada]
-Lauren Clack [Ontario, Canada]
-Dugald Cameron [Ontario, Canada]
-Addison Moore [Ontario, Canada]
-Tall Paul [Ontario, Canada]
-Jake Jackson [Indiana, USA]
-Joe Miller [Indiana, USA]
-Roy de Guzman [New York, USA]
-Reggie Lavoie [Ontario, Canada]
-Mark Kuhlmann [Ontario, Canada]
-Steve Wieler [Alberta, Canada]
-Tim Knoll [Wisconsin, USA]
-Jeff Bedard [Ontario, Canada]
-Will Wolffe [NY, USA]
-Billy Gordon [British Columbia, Canada]
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Hey y'all. First off, I'd like to apologize about the lack of posts this past week. We were in Austin, TX, and had intentions of blogging throughout the week, but had some technical difficulties. We even got some riding and video blog footage, bu struggled with the mac laptop to edit it (hopefully we can get it together some time this week). So, here's a list of high/low-lights of the past week, which range in topics from flatland, traveling, and utterly ranom. Sorry for the huge list. Word.
- Stopping in Kingston, ON so Alex can eat Arby's...to find out they don't have roast beef or baked potatoe...wtf
- Picking up Addison and Kimberly in Kitchener, ON around Friday midnight, where we dropped off Patty (Nissan Pathfinder) and picked up Sue (Subaru Forester)
- Hitting ridiculously terrible weather from the border to Battle Creek, MI, but thanks to Addison, Alex, and Jane (GPS system), all was ok.
- Stopping in St Louis, MO to see some of my family, and being fed some decent food for the first time on the trip. Mid-travel showers were also a huge plus!
- Stopping in Tulsa, OK for dinner at Chilis. Amazingly delicious, and another good break from sitting in a car and almost wishing death upon myself.
- Driving through our second over night to arrive in Austin, TX around 6am on Sunday morning, which was coincidentally the day of the Austin Marathon (which we were not informed about). The marathon had lots of main streets (including South Congress Ave, where I hotel was located off of) closed down, which made following Jane's directions very frustrating. http://www.youraustinmarathon.com/
- The marathon seemed to have about 11000 participants, which was a crazy experience to watch. As well, Austin is full of loads of good looking women who like to keep fit!
- Just moments after finishing our 38h trek to Austin, we met up with the Austin crew and helped them put on a post marathon show right downtown.
- Even though check in at the Austin Motel is at 3pm, the hotel staff was cool with letting us just chill by the pool until then. Being homeless in Austin, tanning by a pool, and eating Japanese food (thanks Addison!)...yup, our lives rock(ed)!
- Hitting the infamous Oltorf Garage and just seeing truck after truck (no cars in Texas, just large trucks) of flatlanders showing up. In all, I think there were about 30+ riders from all over Texas, and even some from Louisiana. When I asked some of the guys what made them come out, they said they heard the Canadians were coming. Best. Scene. Ever!
- Soooo many talented riders in Texas. Sorry I can't list everyone, but some of the highlights include:
- Diego, dude's got ridiculous amounts of style and control.
- Kenny Boucher, I'm pretty sure he can pump every trick out there, including tricks that you wouldn't have thought could be pumped.
- Adam Diclaudio, Pralex's favourite TX rider! Dude is super chill, with lots of hard, technical switches and smooth style. Looking forward to seeing you again at JoMoPro, best of luck with riding in the mean time!
- Jim Mckay, super cool style and totally stoked on flatland and life at all times it seems.
- Mark Dandridge! The jam wouldn't have been as big or as fun as it was if it wasn't for him and all the hard work he put in, making calls and sending texts all week previous to the jam. Not to mention how hard he works promoting the TX scene constantly with his videos and website, keep it up!
- Chadwick, again, another rider that puts in work both on his bike and behind the cam. Tons of other riders fit in this category as well, sorry I can't list you all. :(
- Touring around South Congress and Sixth Ave, taking in the sights and sounds of Austin (which is definately a lot different than I expected, and different from the rest of Texas/US...which is a plus!).
- Waking up every morning and sitting out in the sun. Despite not getting any darker (or burnt like my white comrades), highlight of my trip right here!
- Taking a day trip to Padres Island. Despite that place giving me the creeps, got to ride and chill with Aaron Frost at a shitty spot just adjacent to the ocean, and even got to see dolphins. Who drives 40h+ from Canada to see the Gulf of Mexico? We do!
- Alligator Grill finally letting us eat there! Delicious alligator appetizers and hurricanes...no further comment.
- Home Slize pizza. Who goes to Texas for NY style pizza? We do, and it was damn good.
- Guero's Taco Bar! Delicious food, entertaining waitresses.
- Thursday's night session at the OG. Great way to cap off the trip for us, and probably our last decent session until the Toronto comp in 3 weeks from now. :(
- And obviously, spending a week (and too much time in a car) with some of my favourite people ever.
Here's a few links to some coverage (video and photos) from the Canada invades Texas jam...and a video of Pralex in Indy courtesy of Mark Dandridge.
In other news, our Vimeo channel has reached over 1000 views, and we'd like to thank you. As well, Pralex photographer, Dylan Leeder, is now picking up flatland, and we're building up a bike for him. Look out for him at JoMoPro!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Last weekend, at the Fight with Flight contest in Indianapolis, Indiana, North America's top rider, Terry Adams, and Canada's latest up and comer, Prasheel Gopal, settled their 8 month long standing beef. Despite having seen each other around for years at previous contests, their first introduction occured on Bourbon St in New Orleans just after Voodoo Jam.
Upon introduction, a personal disagreement arose (not over skin colour), and the two riders did not speak for 8 months. Furthermore, over this stretch of time, both riders were not even seen at the same events, as they each took care in only attending events that the other was not.
As soon as they noticed each other in Indianapolis, they talked it out, and settled their differences. They were later seen conversing at multiple points over the day, exchanging consolation hugs when Terry found a copy of his dvd Dreams sitting on the floor, and cheering for each other during the competition (notice Terry bashing scoring clipboard on the wing of the plane as Prasheel lands his last combo in the Indy footage clip!). As well, Ter-bear (Terry), Rob Roe, and Prasheel all pose for a photo opp early Saturday morning, shown above.
They look forward to seeing each other again at the Toronto contest in March, Jomopro in Missouri in April, and Voodoo Jam in August, and hopefully more events in between.
In other news, Prasheel recently received a new pair of bars, Odyssey Chase Guion bars, and despite having much less sweep than his last pair, is getting used to them slowly. Bike shown below.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Pralex blog got mentioned in Effraim Catlow`s ``Flat Friday`` news on Global-Flat! Sweet!
Pralex video channel is almost up to 1000 views already...Don`t know who would want to watch us, but we love it anyways! Texas is in less then a week, where we will have our own Flickr account that we will consistently update with new photos from our trip, and update with stories on here. Expect a nice team video out after the trip!
Also on the way back we might hit up the Ath Low Key jam, and are pretty excited about that, hopefully it all works out accordingly! We are stoked to ride with all the Texas guys, and just on riding in general right now.
Matthias Dandois will be visiting Ottawa mid-March for a week around the time of Flatland Unlimited 5. He`ll be staying with us, and weather providing, we`ll be riding hard all week and partying of course. (Dominik Nekolny might be along for the ride too!)
Pat Schoolen just announced another big flatland contest in North America by the name of Jomopro taking place in Joplin, Missouri. Matt Wilhelm, Terry Adams, Tyler Gilliard, and the Pralex team have already commited to making it out to this event that sounds ridiculously well planned and is taking place along side other BMX disciplines. Should be a great chance to get awesome exposure! Check HERE for more information. Also keep an eye on Global as there is a lot of information up there, mostly anything Pat or Fat Tony posted is some good info on the event.
Flatland Unlimited 5 is coming up pretty quick, here is a list of riders that have said they are coming, it`s looking like it will be an awesome turn out this year compared to the last few years.
-Matthias Dandois (Ranked #1 in the World)
-Matt Wilhelm (Ranked #4 in the World)
-Dominik Nekolny (Ranked #6 in the World)
-Shintaro Misawa (Ranked #10 in the World)
I`m sure there are riders I`m missing, so let me know and I can update the list accordingly as its posted on the facebook event, and on Global as well.
Also there was a video posted on Global from Fight with Flight that contains some footage of Prasheel and Andy, so props to them for the exposure, I sucked to much to get any exposure, haha.
Not sure if we mentioned this before, but Voodoo this year is taking place on August 1st, and will be the final stop of the World Circuit tour, which will make it absolutely nuts I`m sure. So make sure you make it out this year if you haven`t in past years, it`s the best thing you`ll ever do.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Check 'em out! Then add Dylan to facebook and tell him how much you love his awesome photography!