Monday, November 1, 2010

Alex's Life Update

Prasheel did a little yearly update on himself, so here goes mine! I've been busy busy since last Halloween to say the least. Lost girlfriends, gained girlfriends, partied harder then most people do in a lifetime, got some stupid tattoos, rode my ass off (for selective periods of time), went to as many contests as possible, lost a job and gained a job!
As for riding, the past year as been lackluster to say the least for myself. Seems like Prasheel and I trade progression years. Last year was a huge progression year for myself, not so much for Prasheel, and this year that completely turned around. Still love riding my bike though, don't get me wrong, just lacking the motivation I had last year. I think a huge cause of this was realizing I have to learn how to spin in the opposite direction I'm comfortable with for all my forwards rolling tricks to really move forward and progress. Rolling opposite hang 5's took me weeks to get under control, and to go from spinning no-handed x-footed wheelchairs, to learning Hang 5's, its really hard to sit there for hours practicing that. But nonetheless I'm still at it. My contest placings for next season will definitely be hurting though, but hopefully in a year they take a drastic jump. One step back, two step forward type deal.
Besides that I've been busy working, had a quality assurance job that I got laid off from, and took another job at a car dealership doing next to nothing. Paperwork, driving around, typing numbers into computers, easy stuff, no stress. Saving money to return to school one of these days, all the while making sure I have enough fun to occupy myself and keep my sanity.
Most of you know I moved back to Petrolia, so Prasheel and I are now 8 hours apart, but we've still managed to see a disturbing amount of each other considering the 8 hour difference. We went to Indianapolis, Whitby, Toronto, Jomopro and Ohio together, also met up in Ottawa and Toronto on several occasions to ride and party like usual.
It's already getting cold out, and I can't wait for warm weather and sunshine so I can pick my bike up where I left off (in June, lol).
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment