Thursday, January 22, 2009


"Half of the game too lazy
Still sleepin' on me but I'm bout to wake em
Yep! I'm bout to take em to New Orleans and bake em
Yeah it's hot down here take a walk with Satan yeah"

So, this year's Voodoo Jam has been announced, and will be taking place on August 1st, 2009, in New Orleans, Louisiana (Lilweezyana). For those of you that don't know what Voodoo Jam is, it is the largest and most successful flatland event in North America. Furthermore, this year's Voodoo is also the last stop for the Flatland World Circuit, meaning that it will probably be the biggest Voodoo in its history.

Last year, I had the pleasure of experiencing my first Voodoo Jam, and loved every moment of it. From the drive to Buffalo to catch our flight, Friday night's prejam, waking up early to watch the beginner comp, getting (mildly) intoxicated the moment I didn't qualify for finals and watching Al kill it, every second of the pro finals, to my foggy memory of Bourbon St celebrations that night, it was unbelievable.

My trip to New Orleans was actually my first time traveling outside of Ontario and Quebec for the purpose of a contest, and my first time flying with my bike, but more importantly, my first time road tripping with Alex. We started a week in advance, heading to the North Coast Flatland Battle in Cleveland, Ohio (congrats Alex!) the weekend before, then heading to the Poirier residence in Petrolia for a few days, before meeting up with Adam in Hamilton and heading to NO with him. For better or worse, that trip essentially created Pralex.

I'd like to personally thank Scott O Brian, Bryan Ryback, as well as every other event organizer and supporter for all the jams and contests we've gone to this summer. If it wasn't for you guys, this blog might not exist. With that said, I'll leave you with a short clip of some footage of Alex and I at Voodoo last year. Enjoy, and hope to see you all in NO on August 1st!


Pralex goes to Voodoo Jam 2008 from Pralex Gorier on Vimeo.

Prasheel

No comments:

Post a Comment